Police and Prosecutor’s Office solve case of double murder that happened on Saturday in Podgorica

    #GovernmentOfMontenegro #SpecialStateProsecutor’SOffice #TheGovernment #PoliceDirectorate #BijeloPolje #ActingDirector #TheGovernmentOfMontenegro #PleaAgreement #OrganizedCrime #MevludinNuhodžić #PressConference #Prosecutor’SOffice #DoubleMurder #ExplosiveDevice #CriminalGroups #CriminalOffense

    The Police and the Prosecutor’s Office solved the case of the double murder that happened on Saturday in the centre of Podgorica, it was stated at today’s press conference in the Press Centre of the Government of Montenego. In a very short time, through dedicated work, we have come to the results that in a few days led to solving this serious crime, committed in the front of a large number of citizens, in the centre of the capital. I want to acknowledge the Police and the Prosecutor’s Office in achieving this extraordinary result, Acting Director of the Police Directorate Vesko Damjanović said at the press conference… Police and Prosecutor

    PR ServicePR Service

    The Police and the Prosecutor’s Office solved the case of the double murder that happened on Saturday in the centre of Podgorica, it was stated at today’s press conference in the Press Centre of the Government of Montenego.

    In a very short time, through dedicated work, we have come to the results that in a few days led to solving this serious crime, committed in the front of a large number of citizens, in the centre of the capital. I want to acknowledge the Police and the Prosecutor’s Office in achieving this extraordinary result, Acting Director of the Police Directorate Vesko Damjanović said at the press conference.

    Assistant Director of Police Directorate for Criminal Police Sector Enis Baković said that the police are intensely searching for J.M. from Podgorica, who is suspected of committing a double murder in Podgorica on 31 March, and thus deprived Miloš Šaković and Radivoje Jovanović of life.

    PR ServiceBaković said that prompt and efficient operation of the Police Directorate and crime scene investigation led to the identity of the immediate perpetrator of the criminal offense.

    According to him, on the basis of material evidence, it was established that for now the unknown person has created a criminal organization in which all members had clear and precise tasks, and that the goal of the organization was to carry out serious criminal offenses, including criminal offenses against life and body.

    Baković said that the Police Directorate filed today a criminal complaint to the Special State Prosecutor’s Office against J.M., V.P., V. J., B. K., Ć.D. because of the criminal offenses of severe murder, the creation of criminal organizations and the unauthorized possession of weapons.

    Minister of Interior Mevludin Nuhodžić said that he will use all powers for a more intense and resolute fight against organized crime.

    The state is stronger than the crime, the Minister noted, adding that the state would defeat all criminal clans.

    I assure you that the state will put an end to their operations and that there is no or will be no criminal or mafia that is stronger than the state, the Minister of Interior said.

    He reported data on police efficiency, saying the number of serious criminal offenses against life and body is nearly half reduced, preventing seven planned murders of members of opposing criminal groups for which explosive devices and automatic weapons had already been prepared, adding that the number of criminal offenses of causing the general danger of fire and explosive devices has been reduced, that the police record better results in the field of economic crime, as well as in the prevention of illicit use and smuggling of narcotic drugs.

    I also believe that if our common goal is the security of every citizen of Montenegro and the efficient fight against crime, than the best prevention by the institutions is ending the practice of signing a plea agreement with criminals, we should stop the practice of accepting the bails after which they usually leave Montenegro and become inaccessible to judicial organs, as well as the practice of imposing probation or minimum sentences for returnees, obviously forgetting the aspect of the overall social danger, Minister Nuhodžić said.

    Assistant Director of the Police Directorate Enis Baković said that the motive of throwing bomb at the house of journalist Sead Sadiković in Bijelo Polje was also identified and that it was the TV show about the Pepić Museum in Rožaje and that the citizens of Rožaje Ilho and Hilmo Pepić were suspected of throwing bomb and arrested.

    PUBLIC RELATIONS SERVICE OF THE GOVERNMENT OF MONTENEGRO

    VIDEO: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K1iK6nxi_Zc&feature=youtu.be

    Source: Government of Montenegro