Montenegro Press Review – September 30, 2014


Press Review
30 Sep 14

Montenegro Press Review – September 30, 2014

Montenegro and EUROPOL to tackle organised crime and terrorism jointly. Fear of unique Islamic community in the Balkans. Cheaper mobile phone roaming in the region.

VIJESTI
Interior Minister Rasko Konjevic met with EUROPOL Director Rob Wainwright to discuss models of cooperation. Having in mind that fight against organised crime and terrorism is one of the key priorities of the Montenegrin Police Authority, the two officials signed an agreement on operational and strategic cooperation aimed at strengthening ties and collaboration between Montenegro and EUROPOL. Minister Konjevic said that by the end of 2015 Montenegro will have its own representative at the EUROPOL Headquarters in the Hague.

DAN
Senior official of the smaller ruling Social Democratic Party Dzavid Sabovic said he is not sure what is the background to the conflict that escalated in the Islamic community in Montenegro. He added he personally proponent the concept that there is an Islamic community in the Balkans, but he is afraid that this would have negative consequences. Last week Reis of the Islamic community in Montenegro, Rifat Fejzic accused Sandzak Mufti Muamer Zukorlic that he is trying to divide the Islamic Community of Montenegro and bring strife among Montenegrin Muslims.

POBJEDA
Agreement on price decreases of roaming in public mobile communications networks was signed in Budva on Monday. The agreement was signed by the competent ministers of Montenegro, Serbia, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Macedonia. It provides a gradual reduction in roaming services proces in countries signatories, and the goal is that, over the next three years, the prices are reduced to a level that is valid in the European Union.

Source: Balkan Insight (Montenegro)