The church is located in the central part of the town of Kotor, on the Piazzetta opposite the former monastery of Our Lady of the Angels. First mentioned in 1166, when the consecration of the cathedral attended by Abbot sv.Mihaila Kotor – Peter. Then the church was part of Benedictine abbeys. The original church, whose archaeological remains are confirmed, was much larger than today. In addition to its basic plan, were found numerous fragments preromaničkih relief, according to which the formation of the original building can be linked to the latest 11.vijek. Today’s church has a single nave building with a semicircular apse, arched high pointed arch reinforced arches. Thus, as the time of its construction can be taken near the 14th or beginning of the 15th century. Basically it is divided into four bays. Inside the church, the original and the present, was partially painted with frescoes. On the north wall of the older architectural layers, the apse, there are visible remains of frescoes – the lower parts of the figures of the saints – which, according to the stylistic features, can be dated to 11.vijek. Frescoes of the second layer, related to the existing building, covering the eastern wall of the apsidom.Tu, in addition to decorative details, shows Deisis in the apse, on the triumphal arch of the Annunciation, the Ascension of Christ into the scalp, several saints in the lower zones, including the Sveti Tripun with a model of Kotor in hand. These frescoes can be dated to the first half of the 15th century. The exterior walls were installed a few spoil the preromaničnim relief depictions and descriptions that are ongoing rehabilitation and restoration work on the house replaced with copies, the originals, along with other stone sculpture, stored in a church.