The church was built in 1630., And the octagonal chapel was added forty years later. The interior of the church was painted by our greatest baroque painter Tripo Kokolja (1661-1713), a native of Perast. Pictures are on the ceiling and upper parts of the side walls and depict scenes from the life of Jesus Christ, Virgin Mary and the Prophet. Below painted works are about 2,000 silver votive plaque showing the details of naval victories, or any of the pirates in the storm. Seamen were brought in gratitude to Our Lady of saved lives in these clashes .